The Submission Rules
A little about Destiny’s Gateway Romance Fanfiction Archives: This site was formed in 1996 by Princess Destiny, who used to do all the indexes and the upload all the Fanfiction herself. In 2005, the Archives went to automatic submissions with the efiction script, which allowed the Authors to create accounts and upload their own Fanfiction.
The Archives were formed with the idea of having Fanfiction that has the pairing it was written about having a Happy Ending, or having a smutty/slashy sexual encounter, with an open ended finish that implies they might end up together at some stage in the future. Basically, the pairing ends up together (Or might in a sequel), neither die, or it has an ambiguous ending. The story itself has a basis as romance, but also has other genre's whether it be violence, angst, adventure, pure fluff or comedy, or just a romantic or smutty encounter. But the end product in itself is a romance for that pairing.
How do I select the Categories?
The Submission Form works by changing each Category and sub-Category with a drop-down. Once a Category is selected, the drop-down options will change in a second or so. For example, if you were submitting a Hellsing Fanfic for Alucard And Seras, you would click on: Anime > Hellsing > Alucard And Seras. Once you have the pairing on the left-hand pane, click on the arrow to add the pairing to the Submission Form.
How do I select multiple Warnings/Tags?
To select more than one, hold down your CTRL key while you click on a Tag and scroll with the bar at the side.
Why is there no Romance Genre/Tag?It's a romance site, so it's implied that your Fanfiction already contains that. :)
What Rating To Use:
[G-PG 13+] All G rated Fanfiction becomes a PG 13+ as default, since there isn't much difference between the ratings. This is for mild scenes and swearing. Nothing you wouldn't have a little kid reading!
[M 15+] This for action scenes, mild violence and mild sexual situations. No sex scenes! If you mention a sexual body part, or have a character touched on that body part, then you must give it this rating at least-anything more graphic should be listed as NC-17+.
[NC 17+] If you have a sexual scene, then it's definitely this rating, even if the rest of your Fanfiction appears to be a PG-13+!
[R 18+] This is reserved for Fanfics with rape scenes, child abuse and horrific violence with graphic descriptions of blood and injury. These are Fanfics with sex scene's (Or without) that would usually get an NC rating, but contain one of these are given this rating.
1. Your story must be a romance where you pairing (Or threesome or more) Get together, Have a romantic encounter or Have sexual relations by the end. In other words, you don’t kill them off, or have them end up with someone else. Feel free to bump of any other Characters. LOL. With just a smut/slash Fanfic, there is no requirement for them to get together, so long as their is an open or ambiguous ending, which implies to the reader that the pairing may hook up or continue relations in some near future.
2. If one of your pairing does die, but comes back in a sequel, or they end up together in the sequel, then your Fanfiction is welcome. Just make sure to already have at least the first Chapter of the sequel to put up here also and let the readers know in your Author's Notes to go to the continuing Fanfic.3. Original works (Meaning not Fanfiction) need not have our Archive’s main rule apply. It’s not Fanfiction, so have whatever ending you want, happy or not and with whatever pairings. See our Sister Site to submit those stories/novels/poems/songs: http://www.destinyspublications.com Destiny's Gateway is no longer accepting original stories, so post over at the other site.
4. Crossovers are allowed on the Site with non-canon pairings. It is the only Category where you can have two Characters from a different Anime/TV Show/Movie/Book end up together and have a romantic relationship. Outside of the Crossover Category all Fanfics must have a canon pairing. An example of a canon pairing would be Usagi and Mamoru from Sailor Moon. For a non-canon pairing Usagi would end up with say, Sesshoumaru from Inuyasha. Couple pairings for Crossovers must be requested, as there are far too many combinations for me to create for in advance.
5. Spell check all stories and poems, and proofread all entries for grammar and other aspects of writing before submission. Your grammar and spelling need not be perfect, but it needs to have less than one mistake for every 100 words.
6. "Please read", "Untitled", etc. are not acceptable titles or summaries.
6. A number of authors have requested that fans refrain from writing fan fiction based on their work. Therefore submissions will not be accepted based on the works of P.N. Elrod, Raymond Feist, Terry Goodkind, Laurell K. Hamilton, Anne McCaffrey, Robin McKinley, Irene Radford, Anne Rice, and Nora Roberts/J.D. Robb.
6. As much as possible, spoiler warnings are expected on all stories. For categories with serialized content, such as series of books or television series, spoilers are mandatory for the current season and/or most recent part. An appropriate spoiler warning to place in your summary would be: Spoilers for Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. DO NOT do anything like this:Spoilers for the one where Spock dies.
6. Stories with multiple chapters should be archived as such and NEVER as separate stories. Upload the first chapter of your story, then go to Manage Stories in your account to add additional chapters. If you have trouble with this, please contact the site administrator or ask a friend to help you.
6. Please make sure to respect the reviewers as well as the writers. Constructive criticism is always accepted, as well as praise for the Author, but flames are not tolerated in any manner. To flame an Author is in no way an aid to their writings. Members will be banned and the negative reviews deleted.
7. Please put Author's Notes into the box above the ‘Story Text’ where you add in your Fanfiction. You do not need to include disclaimers, as there is one for the entire site at the bottom of each page.
8. You must submit your story with correct formatting. Make sure to have capitals at the beginning of sentences, separate paragraphs, clear changed of scene, make sure that speech is clearly marked etc. All Chapters are to be clearly marked as such. When the Fanfic is completed, put The End.
9. Dreams, Flashbacks, letters, songs…please make sure to mark those clearly, so that the reader can tell what’s going on. It is really hard to determine a dream or flashback from the main plot if you give no indication that it is that.
10. Fanfics under 1000 words must have the Drabble Genre picked when you fill out the Submission Form.
11. Any Fanfiction at 1000 words with separate Chapters must put all content into the one or more pages. If your Fanfiction has over 20 Chapters, try and condense the Fanfic so the readers won’t have to go to that many pages. Over the years, I have been told and noticed it myself, that if a Fanfic is massive and has Chapter after Chapter on separate pages, the reader will sometimes avoid clicking on it.
12. No plagiarism. This is absolutely not accepted and your name will be added to our Blacklist if we catch you doing it! You will also have the Fanfic removed, along with any reviews and will be banned from the site immediately. There are no second chances.13. We accept html or text format. All submissions can be copied and paste pasted into the text box in the submission page. You can also browse to your computer and upload the Fanfic if it is already in the correct format for submission, but there is a bug in the script, so you might get an error using this method.
14. No stories that contain statutory rape. (Adults having sex with minors.) On that same note, no pairings (Categories) will be added to the Site that have romance/a sexual relationship with anyone under 14 years old. Why that age? A heck of a lot of Anime has their main Character/s around that age in a romantic relationship, including Sailor Moon.
15. Be sure to add your story in the proper category! This is really important, as it will let your readers know what ‘Couple’ your plot is about. If you find out there is no Category or pairing for your Fanfic, just let me know and I will add it as soon as I can. You will need to tell me what the Anime\Book\Movie\TV Series it is for, and the Couple that you are writing for. If it is a Crossover, make sure to tell me about both of the Shows that you are using.
By submitting your story, you are stating that you've fully read and understand these rules and that you understand the consequences of failing to comply with said terms. If you fail to comply, the Admin completely reserve the right to question you with you about it, in a 3x7 cell, under a bright light, wearing bad secret service uniforms. LOL
If you have questions or do not understand something, do not submit your Fanfiction yet. Email firstname.lastname@example.org ask us, or join our Facebook group called Destiny's Gateway and ask us. We are more than happy to help clear things up for you!
NOTE: There is currently no way to add Characters from the Submission Form (Additional characters, not the category pairing).. They can only be added for the entire site, which would mean Author would have to wade throughhundreds of character names for each Fandom, in order to find the right ones. I've been advised that the new version of Efiction will fix this issue, but it won't be out till maybe next year. So, for now, just add in the pairing as usual. Once the new verison is out, I'll let you all know.